Saturday, February 12, 2011

the right shade

Sunglasses. The accessory you can't live without, the one that gives off the instant impression of 'cool', adds the extra edge to an outfit and finishes off your look. The added benefit of having something to hide behind is always handy too!

Even though summer seems a bit shy, there's no reason why you can't rock your favorite shades all year long. I know I love to break out an oversized pair in the cooler months (rain permitting - that's going too far), even if to just remind yourself that summer is just around the corner.

A lady walked into the store one day and had on a pair of the most incredible sunglasses I'd ever seen, and after the heart palpitations had subsided, I found out they were from the French designer Thierry Lasry's latest collection. It's safe to say, since then I've been obsessed with his work. Available all over the world, Lasry's designs are available here in Melbourne at Arabella Ramsay in Armadale and Henderson, in the city. 

These two amazing creations come from the Italian brand RETROSUPERFUTURE, which you can tell by the name, oozes cool. And if you don't believe me, look harder. Or find shades in any colour of the rainbow at retrosuperfuture.com. There too you'll find a list of worldwide stockists, and for us Melbournites, Fat4 is our new fav store. 



These Cateye pair are from none other than the dynamic identical twins, who go by the name of Olsen. Yep, you got it. Launched in 2007, their label The Row started making eyewear in 2010, and haven't looked back. Please girls, don't stop. Ever. Seriously. (therow.com).


All these mind-numbingly amazing shades have given my current Sportsgirl pair a bit of a complex. Even though they should know I only bought them due to my unfortunate habit of losing or breaking any pair over $50. 

I think I just found a new-New Years resolution.. three words, retro.super.future. 

G.



No comments:

Post a Comment